New Happenings in September!

 

What’s New in Lisa’s Studio?

Printing with eye shadow! Who would have thought?! Because the Corona-virus pandemic is keeping me home a bit more than usual I find that I am learning some new techniques by having more time to connect with online (art) social groups and by attending some virtual workshops. I am experimenting with a gelatin plate, eye shadow, a hand-cut “cameo” stencil, a small clear stamp, alcohol ink and acrylic paint. What I really like about this technique is that the sky is the limit when it comes to mixing different art media. While these pieces are still works in progress, I wanted to share some photos here because they are so fun!

 


                 


See my work locally!

I am excited to share that I have two pieces on exhibit locally! 

This month (September) “Landscapes” a virtual exhibit opens in the Langdon Divers Community Gallery exhibit. My piece is entitled Seek. This piece is a “painterly” mono-print using a piece of glass as the plate and watercolors. The reference photo used for this piece was taken while I lived in Japan. I featured this piece in an earlier blog post. Use this link to see all the wonderful pieces in this virtual exhibit.


I just found out this morning that my linoleum block print entitled Peaceful Protest has been selected by the Neville Public Museum (Green Bay) for their 75th Art Annual juried exhibition! The exhibition will be open from October 30, 2020 through January 3, 2021. The physical exhibition will be followed by a virtual exhibit. I will share that link when the time is nearer. I was nudged to create this piece by a small group of BLM protesters in Oshkosh who organized shortly after George Floyd was killed. I found their bravery during a pandemic, their commitment to speaking out against police brutality and racial injustice while maintaining a peaceful presence to be inspirational. Thank you to these folks for being leaders in our community. This piece is a linoleum block print over watercolor background on watercolor paper.


On going

Many of you enjoy my florals and more colorful pieces, and I want to let you know that I have a few new monoprints available in the store. Featured here are Floral Bowl, Blossoms and Under His Wings. Coming to the store soon will be some painted tea bags and special for Halloween cat-nip toys! Please feel free to browse and shoot me an email if you have any questions or are looking for something specific.  

 

Floral Bowl

Blossoms
Under His Wings

Check out my online shop lmarieprintmaking.com

Comments

Popular Posts