Meet the Maker March

 Hello! A little time has passed since my last post. I am happy to say that I am back at it and ready to continue sharing about my work as a self-trained Printmaker and experimental Artist.


If you are a follower of Instagram, you may be familiar with the #meetthemaker2021 challenge. It is all about telling your story as a creative or creative small business owner. Participants obtain a prompt list of topics to post about daily. This way followers and customers learn about the real you and your business. Instead of doing that every day, I decided to use a few of the prompts for this month’s blogs. In this blog I am going to introduce me and my personal brand as well as share my why for creating art.

My personal life began the year with a few bumps in the road. Goodness knows that there are bumps everyone’s roads right now, right? We are all still trying to figure out how to do our thing and keep our families and ourselves safe while navigating this global pandemic. To me the increased availability of vaccines is becoming more and more the light at the end of the tunnel. (Whew!) That is why I am embracing optimism this month on many, many levels!

I am a lifelong learner. I finished my bachelor’s degree a little later in life than some. I kept working at it even though life got tricky many times. I do not give up easily and I have learned to keep trying. I enjoy experimenting and feel that sometimes I put too many rules on myself. I also like people. I feel that I am especially good at connecting people to other people and to certain resources.  

Art affords me the opportunity of creativity, the space to get out of my head and freedom. I know I am repeating myself, but I love to experiment! The words “what happens if I do this______?” are so exciting! Most of the time I have good results with whatever it is! Art is really freeing for me, perhaps it is because I do not know all the rules when it comes to art, so I don’t really know if I am breaking them. My why for doing art is that art is on- going…art is learning…art is connecting and sharing with others.

Ongoing

I have a few pieces in virtual exhibits and am entering some pieces in upcoming exhibits. Right now you can see my new favorite linoleum block print “Note to Self” on Facebook. I am showing this piece with other great artists who are members of the Linoleum Printmakers Facebook group. Here is the link to see them all.


In the works
L.MariePrintmaking.com, my online shop will be closing temporarily for some change in inventory and maybe a little redesign as of March 19th. If you are interested in a piece, I encourage you to pick it up. Some pieces currently available will be retired during the closure. I plan to reopen with new items mid-to late April.


 

Comments

Popular Posts