L. Marie Printmaking gets a reboot

Hello and welcome to my blog! 


What’s New in Lisa’s Studio?

This blog is new! Truth to tell I did have a blog for a short time a few years ago.  I have kept the name but given it a new look and am excited to begin to share my art adventure stories. I am sure that some of my other adventures will trickle in as well. Stay tuned!

Since this is my ART blog, I want to share with you that a piece from my Japanese monotype series will be on (virtual) exhibit at the Langdon DiversCommunity Gallery in September. The piece is called Seek. The technique I used is called monotype print because the plate generally creates only one unique impression. Monotypes are known for their interesting textural qualities. For this piece, I painted my image on a piece of glass using watercolors.





The idea to do a series of Japanese scenes sort of developed from a trip down memory lane by way of some old photo albums from when I actually lived in Japan. The bridge is called the Shinkyo Bridge (sacred bridge) located in Nikko, a small city in the mountains north of Tokyo. It stands as the entrance to Nikko’s shrines and temples and was built in 1636.

 

Ongoing

Ongoing is a segment of the blog where I will describe my progress on a certain project(s). One project that I have not worked on much recently is my #whatsthemessageyouneedtohear pocket art. These are collage pieces about the size of a playing card with an uplifting message. I give these away to places and to folks who can share them with people who need a little boost or a reminder (literally) in their pocket that life is mostly good...They are good for me too, because they make me count my own blessings as a practice of gratitude. Another project ongoing is an anti-racism linoleum block which is still in the early carving stages. I was recently inspired to create this piece due to a small group of Black Lives Matter protesters at the sundial in downtown Oshkosh about a week ago. This man’s firm but peaceful energy really resonated with me and I felt I must share it.  Check out my Instagram page or Facebook page to see more photos of both.

 


In the works

This is a big one! In the works is an online shop to purchase my art. I have been thinking about this for a long time. I am in the process of building the site and want to make sure that I have as many kinks as possible worked out before it goes live. The go live date is planned for Thursday July 30th. I hope that you will come and check it out.


Comments

Popular Posts