Tea bags, Sunflowers and Rust

 

What’s New in Lisa’s Studio?

Tea bag art is new! This idea began as an experimental art project that has grown into its own thing.  I am creating art on actual teabags. And its double delight for me because I get to brew and enjoy a nice cuppa before I re-purpose the teabag into the “canvas”.

Using a used teabag is wonderful because the tea creates lovely colors that stain the teabag which blend nicely into the pen and ink and watercolors used to create the art. My favorite so far are blueberry herbal tea bags. The blueberries leave a lovely almost magenta color for me to work with.

Here are some teabag pieces featuring tea pots, cups and coffee cups that were commissioned a few weeks ago. I love them so much that I am recreating this series. I will hopefully have some available in my store in early September. Stay tuned!

 

Ongoing

The L. Marie Printmaking online store is now open! Come on over to check out some of the works I am offering! Today I am featuring my print “Behold!”. This is a stylized sunflower linoleum block print. My daughter loves sunflowers and I created this block for her birthday last year. The sunflowers in my garden are FINALLY blooming, so it seems appropriate for today. Behold! Is a single 1/1 edition. I hope that you enjoy it.

Other types of prints in the shop are monoprints, mixed media prints and dry-point prints. I will be updating the items frequently so please check back often. If you have a question about an item, the shop or anything please reach out to me by email: lmarieprintmaking@gmail.com

Browse the shop

 


In the Works

Printing with Found Objects is a new Facebook group that I have joined. I find these groups a good and fun way to connect with other artists. They are also a safe audience to experiment with. There are no BAD failures only good ones that help you to learn. So, a while back, while out for a walk I found this unique scrap of metal. I picked it up and brought it home with the idea that I would let it rust onto some paper or fabric and then print something on top of it. I had NO idea that this was something artists actually did with really beautiful results. I am sharing this project as a work in progress. Right now there is no title. PS. My brother-in-law did ask me why I was saving a rusty piece of automotive break-shoe. LOL!

Comments

Popular Posts