It's the End of July!

What’s New in Lisa’s Studio?

The L. Marie Printmaking online store is now open! Come on over to check out some of the works I am offering! My newest linoleum block print “Peaceful Protest” in support of #blacklives matter is now available.  It is a printed series of 10 matted and framed. The frame measures 9 inches x 12 inches.

Other types of prints in the shop are monoprints, mixed media prints and dry-point prints. I will be updating the items frequently so please check back often. If you have a question about an item, the shop or anything please reach out to me by email: lmarieprintmaking@gmail.com

Link to the shop here

 

Ongoing

My attempt at making a catnip toy was a huge success with the cats in my life. So, I have expanded this idea to make a few more that I will be offering in the sometime in early August (fabric ink has about a 7-10-day cure time). I am also experimenting with other types of printing on fabric. These little fish were fun to carve and lend themselves to all kinds of fabric printing ideas. More to come as I experiment with types of fabrics and other ideas swirling around in my brain. 


 




Art Experiment Adventures

I have some stuff in the works, which I am just not ready to share yet. So, this week I will offer an alternate topic instead. I took this week off to celebrate my birthday, spend time with my family and just to do some fun stuff. One thing that I experimented with is cyanotype printing. I found a small kit at a secondhand shop last summer…one thing led to another and I never got to try it. So, this week we read the instructions and made some “solar prints”. Cyanotype or solar prints is a photographic process that results in a print that is Cyan blue. The process uses two chemicals: ferric ammonium citrate and potassium ferricyanide. The chemicals are applied to a surface that can absorb them such as paper or fabric. (Since I used a kit my paper came prepared.) Common items (I used pressed leaves and flowers) or film negatives can be laid onto the prepared surface. Once exposed to UV light (sunlight) a positive image will result. After exposure, the print is “developed” by rinsing it off in water. One thing I learned about this process is that Engineers used the process to create low cost replications of drawings that we have come to know as “blueprints”!

 

Comments

Popular Posts